Common law, history, and democracy in America, 1790-1900 : legal thought before modernism /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Common law, history, and democracy in America, 1790-1900 : legal thought before modernism / Kunal M. Parker.
- Main Author:
- Parker, Kunal Madhukar, 1968-
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011
- Item Description:
Based on the author's doctoral dissertation in the Dept. of History at Princeton University.
- Physical Description:
xi, 305 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The creation of times : custom and history in the British background
- Time as consent : common law thought after the American Revolution
- Time as spirit : common law thought in the early nineteenth century
- Time as law : common law thought in the mid-nineteenth century
- Time as life : common law thought in the late nineteenth century.