Double standards pertaining to minority protection /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Double standards pertaining to minority protection / edited by Kristin Henrard.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2010
- Physical Description:
xiii, 440 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- "The EU, double standards and minority protection" : a double redefinition and future prospects / Kristin Henrard
- The Framework Convention on the Protection of National Minorities and the law of the European Union / Olivier de Schutter
- Are some states and minorities more equal than others? : double standards and the work of the OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities / Natalie Sabanadze and Vincent de Graaf
- Reducing the risk of differential standards in minority protection : the holistic approach of the UN independent expert on minority issues / Anna Meijknecht
- The rights of 'new' minorities : scope and restrictions / Asbjørn Eide
- Changing paradigms in the traditional dichotomy of old and new minorities / Roberta Medda-Windischer
- Rationalizing the differentiation between 'new' and 'old' minorities? : the role of the margin of appreciation doctrine in determining the scope of protection of minority rights / Yutaka Arai-Takahashi
- Do vulnerable groups within ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities need special standards? / Clive Baldwin
- Standards to eliminate compounded discrimination : the case of the intersectionality of 'minorities within minorities' or, why universal legal standards must engage with the concept of culture / Tove H. Malloy
- Annexes : selected documents from international organisations pertaining to minority protection. European Union. EU network of independent experts on fundamental rights, thematic comment no 3 : the protection of minorities in the European Union, April 2005
- Ethnic minorities in the labour market : an urgent call for better social inclusion, report of the High Level Advisory Group of Experts on the social integration of ethnic minorities and their full participation in the labour market, 2007
- The Bolzano Declaration on the Protection of Minorities in the enlarged European Union
- OSCE-HCNM. Presentation to HCNM 15 anniversary : the impact of the institution of the High Commissioner in the 15 years of its existence and the challenges ahead
- Welcoming remarks at the launch and conference of the Bolzano recommendations on national minorities in inter-state relations
- Presentation by Knut Vollebaek at the North South Forum 2008 Dialogue and development : bringing communities together
- Opening address by Knut Vollebaek to the Conference on Linguistic Rights of National Minorities : ten years after the Oslo recommendations and beyond : linguistic rights in the work of the HCNM : new and old challenges in promoting comprehensive security
- Recommendations on policing in multi-ethnic societies : February 2006
- UN Independent Expert on Minority Issues (UNIEMI). The first report of the Independent Expert on Minority Issues, with her analysis of her mandate, her planned methods of work, and areas of priority concern
- The 2009 report of the Independent Expert on Minority Issues
- Recommendations of the 2008 Forum on Minorities Issues, on minorities and the right to education
- Treaty bodies recommendations. CERD/C. General recommendation no. 25 : gender related dimensions of racial discrimination : 20/03/2000. Gen. Rec. no. 25 (general comments)
- The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. General recommendation no. 30 : discrimination against non-citizens : 01/10/2004. Gen. Rec. no. 30 (general comments)
- CEDAW. General recommendation no. 26 on women migrant workers.