The function of kinship in medieval Nordic legislation /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- The function of kinship in medieval Nordic legislation / by Helle Vogt.
- Main Author:
- Vogt, Helle.
Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010
- Item Description:
"This book is a revised version of my PhD dissertation that appeared in Danish in 2005."--Introduction, p. .
- Physical Description:
vii, 281 p. : maps ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -276) and indexes.
Table of Contents
- Kinship as strategy
- The legal sources
- The Scandinavian societies at the time of the provincial laws
- The emergence of the provincial laws and their dating
- The fathers of the laws
- The peace ideology
- The legislator and the law
- The application of provincial laws
- The function of kinship in legal disputes
- Collective sanction
- Inheritance law in the provincial laws
- Donations, pious donations, and the right of disposal of property
- The right of allodium
- Fledføring : elder care