Outside the law : emergency and executive power /
- Publication info:
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Outside the law : emergency and executive power / Clement Fatovic.
- Main Author:
- Fatovic, Clement, 1973-
Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
viii, 352 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- "So many unexpected things" : contingency and character in modern political thought
- "Without the prescription of the law" : virtue and discretion in Locke's theory of prerogative
- "All was confusion and disorder" : regularity and character in Hume's political thought
- "The king can do no wrong" : Blackstone on the executive in law
- "It squints towards monarchy" : constitutional flexibility and the powers of the president
- A "patriotic and dignifying president" : republican virtue and the presidency.