Creative license : the law and culture of digital sampling /
- Publication info:
- Durham [NC] : Duke University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Providing for royalties for musical composition on coin-operated machines : hearings before Subcommittee No. 3 ... Eighty-eighth Congress, first session on H.R. 5174, a bill to provide for the payment of royalties for the public performance of copyrighted musical compositions by means of coin-operated machines, and for other purposes. May 2 and 3, 1963.
KF 3045.5 A2 J83 1963
- Creative license : the law and culture of digital sampling / Kembrew McLeod and Peter DiCola ; with Jenny Toomey and Kristin Thomson.
- Main Author:
- McLeod, Kembrew, 1970-
- Other Authors:
Durham [NC] : Duke University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
ix, 325 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -311) and index.
Table of Contents
- The golden age of sampling
- A legal and cultural history of sound collage
- The competing interests in sample licensing
- Sampling lawsuits : hip-hop goes to court
- The sample clearance system : how it works (and how it breaks down)
- Consequences for creativity : an assessment of the sample clearance system
- Proposals for reform.