Architectural design and regulation /
- Publication info:
- Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011, ©2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Economic and social rights and the right to health : an interdisciplinary discussion held at Harvard Law School in September, 1993 / organized by the Human Rights Program, Harvard Law School, and the François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard School of Public Health.
K 3570.4 E36 1995
- Architectural design and regulation / Rob Imrie and Emma Street.
- Main Author:
- Imrie, Robert, 1958-
- Other Authors:
Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011
- Physical Description:
xxi, 349 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (page -334) and index.
Table of Contents
- Regulation, rule, and architecture : introductory comments
- The rule and regulation of building form and performance
- Urban design and the rise of the [de]regulatory society
- Learning about regulation
- Case study A : rethinking eduction : evidence from a focus group
- Working with regulation
- Case study B : straw-bale building in the U.S.A. : negotiating the codes
- Risk and the regulation of the design process
- Case study C : regulating the design process : a risky business?
- The role of project actors in influencing design
- Case study D : traces of regulation : the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Loughborough University, David Morley Architects
- The coding of design and architecture
- Case study E : the use of design codes in two English towns
- Regulation and the practices of architects : concluding thoughts