Company law and economic protectionism : new challenges to European integration /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Company law and economic protectionism : new challenges to European integration / edited by Ulf Bernitz and Wolf-Georg Ringe.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010
- 1st ed.
- Item Description:
This volume is based on papers presented at an academic conference held at Christ Church, Oxford on Oct. 1, 2009.
- Physical Description:
xxxii, 358 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Company law and economic protectionism : an introduction / Wolf-Georg Ringe and Ulf Bernitz
- European company and financial law : observations on European politics, protectionism, and the financial crisis / Klaus J. Hopt
- Is 'protectionism' a useful concept for company law and foreign investment policy : an EU perspective / Crispin Waymouth
- Protectionism, capital freedom, and the internal market / Jonathan Rickford
- When the state is the owner : some further comments on the Court of Justice 'golden shares' strategy / Andrea Biondi
- The takeover directive as a protectionist tool? / Paul Davies, Edmund-Philipp Schuster, and Emilie van de Walle de Ghelcke
- Varieties of corporate governance and reflexive takeover regulation / Andrew Johnston
- Cross-border restructuring : company law between treaty freedom and state protectionism / Jesper Lau Hansen
- Mechanisms of ownership control and the issue of disproportionate distribution of power / Ulf Bernitz
- Deviations from ownership-control proportionality : economic protectionism revisited / Wolf-Georg Ringe
- Deviations from ownership-control proportionality : private benefits and the bigger picture / Arad Reisberg
- Sovereign wealth funds : market investors or 'imperialist capitalists'? : the European response to direct investments by non-EU state-controlled entities / Heike Schweitzer
- Sovereign wealth funds : neither market investors nor 'imperialist capitalists' : a response to Heike Schweitzer / Katharina Pistor
- The European Model Company Act (EMCA) : a new way forward / Paul Krüger Andersen
- The role of European regulation and model acts in company law / Jennifer Payne
- How does the market react to the Societas Europaea? / Horst Eidenmüller, Andreas Engert, and Lars Hornuf
- Empirical notes on the Societas Europaea / Jodie A. Kirshner.