The fundamentals of international human rights treaty law /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The fundamentals of international human rights treaty law / by Bertrand G. Ramcharan.
- Main Author:
- Ramcharan, B. G.
Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2011
- Physical Description:
xv, 287 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -279) and index.
Table of Contents
- The nature and characteristics of international human rights treaty law
- The requirement of a national protection system
- Democracy and the rule of law
- Human rights in times of crises or emergencies
- Preventive strategies : obligations to prevent under international human rights treaties and jurisprudence
- The duty to respect, protect and ensure
- The duty to provide redress
- The essence of supervision in reporting systems
- The essence of petitions and fact-finding procedures
- Universality, equality and justice
- Appendix I. General comment no. 31 of the Human Rights Committee
- Appendix II. General comment no. 33 of the Human Rights Committee
- Appendix III. The Limburg Principles on Implementation of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Appendix IV. The Siracusa Principles
- Appendix V. The Council of Europe and the rule of law.