Gender, sexualities and law /
- Publication info:
- Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Legal protection of the women and children : analysis of documents of international organisations : contribution of Hungarian Women's Council to the World Congress of Women convened by Women's International Democratic Federation, June 1963 / [written by the Working Group of the Law Commission of the National Council of Hungarian Women ; edited by J. Bokor-Szego]. --
K 644 L43 1963A
- Gender, sexualities and law / edited by Jackie Jones ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2011
- Item Description:
"A GlassHouse book."
- Physical Description:
xi, 334 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Gender, sexualities and law : critical engagements / Jackie Jones ... [et al.]
- Women and the cast of legal persons / Ngaire Naffine
- (De)-sexing the woman lawyer / Rosemary Hunter
- "Sexing the matrix" : embodiment, disembodiment and the law : towards the re-gendering of legal rationality / Anna Grear
- Vulnerability, equality and the human condition / Martha A. Fineman
- The "gendered company" revisited / Alice Belcher
- The public sex of the judiciary : the appearance of the irrelevant and the invisible / Leslie J. Moran
- Sexuality, gender and social cognition : lesbian and gay identity in judicial decision-making / Todd Brower
- The gendered dock : reflections on the impact of gender stereotyping in the criminal-justice system / Judith Rowbotham
- 'She never screamed out and complained' : recognising gender in legal and media representations of rape / Kim Stevenson
- Gendering rape : social attitudes towards male and female rape / Phil N.S. Rumney and Natalia Hanley
- When hate is not enough : tackling homophobic violence / Iain McDonald
- The legal construction of domestic violence : 'unmasking' a private problem / Mandy Burton
- Criminalisation or protection? : tensions in the construction of prevention strategies concerning trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation / Anna Carline
- A woman's honour and a nation's shame : 'honour killings' in Pakistan / Shilan Shah-Davis
- Supranational criminal prosecution of sexual violence / Anne-Marie de Brouwer
- The strange case of the invisible woman in abortion-law reform / Kate Gleeson
- Third-wave feminism, motherhood and the future of feminist legal theory / Bridget J. Crawford
- 'Shall I be mother?' : reproductive autonomy, feminism and the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008 / Rachel Anne Fenton, D. Jane V. Rees and Sue Heenan
- Motherhood and autonomy in a shared parenting climate / Susan B. Boyd
- A very British compromise? : civil partnerships, liberalism by stealth and the fallacies of neo-liberalism / Jeffrey Weeks
- Attitudes to same-sex marriage in South African Muslim communities : an exploratory study / Elsje Bonthuys and Natasha Erlank
- Taking 'sex' out of marriage in the European Union / Jackie Jones
- From Russia (and elsewhere) with love : mail order brides / Jennifer Marchbank.