Sanctuary and crime in the Middle Ages, 400-1500 /
- Publication info:
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Sanctuary and crime in the Middle Ages, 400-1500 / Karl Shoemaker.
- Main Author:
- Shoemaker, Karl.
New York : Fordham University Press, 2011
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 269 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -251) and index.
Table of Contents
- Authority, intercession, and penance
- Roman aristocratic traditions, imperial penal law, and sanctuary
- Reassessing early medieval sanctuary legislation
- The transmission and reception of sanctuary legislation in the early Middle Ages
- Sanctuary, blood feud, and the strength of Anglo-Saxon government
- Sanctuary in the century after the Norman Conquest
- Sanctuary and Angevin law reforms
- The role of canon law in the destruction of sanctuary.