Improving health care safety and quality : reluctant regulators /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Oct 31, 2017||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Improving health care safety and quality : reluctant regulators / Judith Healy.
- Main Author:
- Healy, Judith.
Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2011
- Physical Description:
xix, 328 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : why regulate?
- How safe is health care?
- Regulatory actors : who governs health care?
- Regulating the health professions
- Safety cultures and safety systems
- Regulating staff : internal management
- Regulating organizations : external reviews
- Regulation by enforcement : laws, money, and monitoring
- Regulation by patients
- Responsive regulation : trust and transparency.