The religion clauses of the First Amendment : guarantees of states' rights? /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The religion clauses of the First Amendment : guarantees of states' rights? / Ellis M. West.
- Main Author:
- West, Ellis McKinney, 1936-
Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, 2011
- Physical Description:
xii, 202 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-198) and index.
Table of Contents
- Clarification of the issue
- A critical analysis of the federalist interpretation
- The ratification debate and proposed religion clauses
- The drafting of the religion clauses
- Were the framers hopelessly divided over the issue of government and religion?
- The early American understanding of the religion clauses
- The federalist interpretation of the religion clauses : a concluding assessment.