Remaking custom : law and identity in the early American Republic /
- Publication info:
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Remaking custom : law and identity in the early American Republic / Ellen Holmes Pearson.
- Main Author:
- Pearson, Ellen Holmes, 1962-
Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xi, 251 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -244) and index.
Table of Contents
- America's common law : custom, choice, and history lessons
- American constitutions and American character
- Property acquisition and inheritance
- The question of slavery in the New Republic
- Public lands, expansion, and the Native Americans
- Custom, the written law, and American legal treatises.