The regulation of franchising in the new global economy /
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The regulation of franchising in the new global economy / Elizabeth Crawford Spencer.
- Main Author:
- Spencer, Elizabeth Crawford.
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : E. Elgar, 2010
- Physical Description:
xi, 365 p. : ill., 1 map, tables ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Reconceiving regulation
- The market interaction as private regulation
- The contract as private regulation
- Purpose and scope of franchise-specific regulation and the UNIDROIT model law
- Worldwide survey of franchise-specific regulation
- Summary of trends in franchise-specific legislation
- Legislation impacting upon negotiation and formation of franchise contracts
- Legislation impacting upon the performance of and exit from the agreement
- Future directions for the regulation of franchising
- Appendix 1. Franchise legislation worldwide
- Appendix 2. Content of disclosure.