Legal method and writing /
- Publication info:
- Austin [Tex.] : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Legal method and writing / Charles R. Calleros.
- Main Author:
- Calleros, Charles R.
Austin [Tex.] : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2011
- 6th ed.
- Physical Description:
xxx, 613 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to writing style : policy, purpose, and audience
- Overview of the case method of study
- Common law
- The role of precedent : the court system and stare decisis
- Deductive reasoning and IRAC : introduction to legal analysis
- Case briefs
- Reorganization, summary, and inductive reasoning in outline form
- Essay examinations
- Introduction to the law library
- Content of the office memorandum of law
- Organization of office memoranda and briefs
- Legal writing style in the office memorandum
- Presenting, quoting, and citing to authority
- Advocacy : overview and ethics
- Developing your legal arguments
- Expressing your advocacy : persuasive writing style and oral argument
- Motion for summary judgment
- Motion to exclude evidence before trial
- Standards of appellate review
- The brief : effective appellate advocacy
- Advice letters
- Demand letters.