The law of treaties beyond the Vienna Convention /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Making better international law : the International Law Commission at 50 : proceedings of the United Nations Colloquium on Progressive Development and Codification of International Law = Pour un meilleur droit international : la Commission du droit international à 50 ans : actes du Colloque des Nations Unies sur le développement progressif et la codification du droit international.
KZ 1293 U54 1997
- Personal Subject:
- The law of treaties beyond the Vienna Convention / edited by Enzo Cannizzaro ; contributors, Mahnoush H. Arsanjani ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Item Description:
"[T]his book was conceived from the very beginning as a tribute to Professor Giorgio Gaja"--Preface, p. vii.
- Physical Description:
xxxi, 464 p. : port. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Are agreements between states and non-state entities rooted in the international legal order? / Olivier Corten and Pierre Klein
- Article 18 of the 1969 Vienna Convention : a vague and ineffective obligation or a useful means for strengthening legal cooperation? / Paolo Palchetti
- Reservations to treaties : an objection to a reservation is definitely not an acceptance / Alain Pellet and Daniel Müller
- Legal consequences of an impermissible reservation to a human right treaty : where do we stand? / Bruno Simma and Gleider I. Hernández
- Provisional application of treaties in international law : The Energy Charter Treaty Awards / Mahnoush H. Arsanjani and W. Michael Reisman
- The rules on interpretation : misgivings, misunderstandings, miscarriage? : the 'crucible' intended by the International Law Commission / Mark E. Villiger
- Evolutionary interpretation of treaties : between memory and prophecy / Pierre-Marie Dupuy
- Subsequent practice as a means of interpretation in the jurisprudence of the WTO Appellate Body / Georg Nolte
- Supplementary means of interpretation / Luigi Sbolci
- Treaty interpretation by the WTO Appellate Body : the conundrum of Article 17(6) of the WTO Antidumping Agreement / Donald McRae
- Consistency among treaties obligations / Benedetto Conforti
- Beyond the Vienna Convention : conflicting treaty provisions / Jan Klabbers
- International organizations as third parties under the law of international treaties / Christian Tomuschat
- Treaties establishing objective regimes / Francesco Salerno
- The law of treaties and the UN Security Council : some reflections / Michael Wood
- The European courts and the law of treaties : the continuing story / Pieter Jan Kuijper
- Some remarks on the continuity of human rights and international humanitarian law treaties / Fausto Pocar
- Invalidity of treaties : anything new in/under the Vienna Conventions? / Joe Verhoeven
- Coercion as a ground affecting the validity of peace treaties / Serena Forlati
- Absolute invalidity of treaties and their non-recognition by third states / Alessandra Gianelli
- Desuetude and obsolescence of treaties / Marcelo G. Kohen
- Invalidity and termination of treaties and rules of procedure / Annalisa Ciampi
- The metamorphosis of the jus cogens : from an institution of treaty law to the bedrock of the International Legal Order? / Karl Zemanek
- The distinction between jus cogens and obligations erga omnes / Paolo Picone
- A higher law for treaties? / Enzo Cannizzaro.