Indian law stories /
- Publication info:
- New York, NY : Foundation Press/Thomson Reuters, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Actes du Colloque "Justice blanche/justice autochtone" / organisé par l'Institut interculturel de Montréal à Montréal au Centre Saint-Pierre les 24 et 25 mai 1991 ; [direction, Agustí Nicolau Coll ; adjoints à la direction, François Carrier et al.] = Proceedings of the Conference "White justice/Native justice" / organized by the Intercultural Institute of Montreal ... ; [editor, Agustí Nicolau Coll ; associate editors, François Carrier et al.].
KF 8205 A2 C65 1993
- Indian law stories / edited by Carole Goldberg, Kevin K. Washburn, Philip P. Frickey.
- Other Authors:
New York, NY : Foundation Press/Thomson Reuters, 2011
- Item Description:
At head of title: Foundation Press.
- Physical Description:
ix, 627 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the Indian canon law as narrative : stories of legal strategy and native persistence / Carole Goldberg and Kevin K. Washburn
- The judicial conquest of Native America : the story of Johnson v. M'Intosh / Lindsay G. Robertson
- The tribal struggle for Indian sovereignty : the story of the Cherokee cases / Rennard Strickland
- Water, legal rights, and actual consequences : the story of Winters v. United States / Judith V. Royster
- Who is an Indian? : the story of United States v. Sandoval / Gerald Torres
- The distorted history that gave rise to the "so called" plenary power doctrine : the story of United States v. Kagama / Sidney L. Harring
- The apex of Congress' plenary power over Indian affairs : the story of Lone Wolf v. Hitchcock / Angela R. Riley
- Erasing Indian country : the story of Tee-Hit-Ton Indians v. United States / Joseph William Singer
- Mark the plumber v. tribal empire, or non-Indian anxiety v. tribal sovereignty? : the story of Oliphant v. Suquamish Indian Tribe / Sarah Krakoff
- A step backward in the government's representation of tribes : the story of Nevada v. United States / Ann Carey Juliano
- Property, power, and American "justice" : the story of United States v. Dann / Rebecca Tsosie
- Sheep, sovereignty, and the Supreme Court : the story of Williams v. Lee / Bethany R. Berger
- What's race got to do with it? : the story of Morton v. Mancari / Carole Goldberg
- How a $147 county tax notice helped bring tribes more than $200 billion in Indian gaming revenue : the story of Bryan v. Itasca County / Kevin K. Washburn
- Three stories in one : the story of Santa Clara Pueblo v. Martinez / Gloria Valencia-Weber
- Challenging the narrative of conquest : the story of Lyng v. Northwest Indian Cemetery Protective Association / Amy Bowers and Kristen Carpenter
- Beating a path of retreat from treaty rights and tribal sovereignty : the story of Montana v. United States / John P. LaVelle
- Aboriginal title in the Canadian legal system : the story of Delgamuukw v. British Columbia / Robert T. Anderson.