Criminal justice reform in Russia, Ukraine, and the former republics of the Soviet Union : trial by jury and mixed courts /
- Publication info:
- Lewiston, N.Y. : E. Mellen Press, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Criminal justice reform in Russia, Ukraine, and the former republics of the Soviet Union : trial by jury and mixed courts / Nikolai Kovalev ; with a preface by Stephen C. Thaman.
- Main Author:
- Kovalev, Nikolai.
Lewiston, N.Y. : E. Mellen Press, 2010
- Physical Description:
xvi, 642 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 569-617) and index.
Table of Contents
- Methodological approach
- Models of lay adjudication
- The history of lay adjudication in post-Soviet states
- Defects of the criminal justice systems in the post-Soviet states and the potential role of lay adjudication in re-shaping criminal justice systems
- Conditions for effective lay adjudication reforms in post-Soviet states
- The scope of lay adjudication
- Selection of lay adjudicators
- Trial procedure in courts with lay adjudication
- Deliberations, the verdict and appellate review.