The new international law : an anthology /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Foreign relations law / Campbell McLachlan, LL.B. (Well.), Ph. D. (London), Dip. (c.l.) (Hag. Acad. Int'l. Law), New Zealand Law Foundation International Research Fellow, Professor of Law, Victoria University of Wellington, Quondam Visiting Fellow, All Souls College Oxford, Barrister (NZ), Bankside Chambers (Auckland & Singapore), Essex Court Chambers (London).
KZ 3410 M425 2014
- The new international law : an anthology / edited by Christoffer C. Eriksen and Marius Emberland.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : M. Nijhoff, 2010
- Item Description:
"The present anthology comprises revised versions of a selected number of research papers that were presented at a conference on international law in Oslo, Norway, 15-17 March 2007 ..."--The new international law in print, editor's note: p. [vii].
- Physical Description:
ix, 276 p. ; 25 cm.
Table of Contents
- Polycentric decision-making structures and fragmented spheres of law : what implications for the new generation of international legal discourse? / Ivar Alvik, Marius Emberland, Christoffer C. Eriksen
- Thinking outside the "Westphalian Box" : dualism, legal interpretation and the contextual argument / Stéphane Beaulac
- Jurisdictional competition between international courts and tribunals : how to square the circle? / Nikolaos Lavranos
- Piercing the tattered veil : housing restitution in Bosnia as a case study of researching human rights with the help of international relations theory / Antoine Buyse
- The power of administration : law and politics in global governance / Ole Jacob Sending
- The hybrid nature of investment treaty arbitration : straddling the national/international divide / Ivar Alvik
- Competing notions of property rights : land rights reform at the intersection of the international and the local / Ingunn Ikdahl
- International human rights law and international humanitarian law : alternative frameworks for interaction / Natasha Balendra
- Rapprochement and misrecognition : humanitarianism as human rights practice / Kristin Bergtora Sandvik
- A non-territorial ethnic network and the making of human rights law : the case of the Alliance Israélite Universelle / Moria Paz
- What's in the ICC for states? / Jo Stigen
- 'Securitizing' development : advantages and pitfalls of the Security Council's involvement in development issues / Aristotle Constantinides
- Constitutional underpinnings for conscientious objection in allegiance to international public law norms pertaining to war / Cecilia M. Bailliet
- Sustainable development in practice : the flexibility mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol / Christina Voigt
- What may be the new international environmental law? / Nicolai Nyland.