Persuasive legal writing /
- Publication info:
- Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, , ©2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Legal writing : a contemporary approach / by Ann Sinsheimer, Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburg School of Law; Teresa Kissane Brostoff, Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburgh School of Law; Nancy M. Burkoff, Associate Professor of Legal Writing, University of Pittsburgh School of Law..
KF 250 S55 2014
- Persuasive legal writing / Louis J. Sirico, Jr., Nancy L. Schultz.
- Main Author:
- Sirico, Louis J., Jr., 1945-
- Other Authors:
Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2011
- Third edition.
- Item Description:
Revision of: Persuasive writing for lawyers and the legal profession. 2nd ed. c2001.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 191 pages ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- A brief historical perspective
- The psychology of persuasion
- Storytelling and persuasion
- Make your argument clear and credible
- Write a well-organized argument
- Adopt a persuasive writing style
- Write compelling introductions
- State your facts persuasively
- Use authority persuasively
- Make equity and policy arguments
- Writing for nonlegal audiences
- Writing for legal audiences
- Five pitfalls in persuasive writing
- Advocacy and ethics
- Appendix A. Magic words : writing with flair
- Appendix B. Review exercise.