Whose criminal justice? : state or community? /
- Publication info:
- Hook, Hampshire : Waterside Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Whose criminal justice? : state or community? / editors, Katherine Doolin ... [et al.]
- Other Authors:
Hook, Hampshire : Waterside Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
285 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-276) and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the changing politics of law and order / John Raine and Paul Keasey
- Limiting criminal justice and regulation : the 'freedom' perspective / Andrew Sanders
- Risk, pre-emption, and the limits of the criminal law / John Child and Adrian Hunt
- Criminalising the purchase of sexual services : the use of strict liability as a form of risk management? / Jessica Elliott
- The ASBO : regulating behaviour and manipulating law / Theresa Lynch
- Managing risk and changing priorities for probation practice and youth justice / Kathryn Farrow, Gill Kelly and Bernadette Wilkinson
- (In)security, risk, Muslim communities, policing and the 'new terrorism' / Shamila Ahmed and Basia Spalek
- Empowering communities through restorative justice / Katherine Doolin
- Safer communities and community justice / David Prior
- Community justice and the courts : a step forwards, backwards or sideways? / John Raine
- Intolerant or intolerable? : anit-social youth in asocial communities / Nathan Hughes
- Policing sexual offenders in the community : is it time to move from the invisible to the visible? / Mark Blandford and Anthony Beech
- Towards a community response to the perpetration of domestic violence / Zahira Latif
- Conclusions and the way forward for criminal justice / Anthony Beech ... [et al.].