Whose criminal justice? : state or community? /
- Publication info:
- Hook, Hampshire : Waterside Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Vulnerable people and the criminal justice system : a guide to law and practice / edited by Professor Penny Cooper (Barrister, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Criminal Policy Research, Birkbeck, University of London) and HHJ Heather Norton (Resident Judge, Canterbury Crown Court).
KF 9223 V74 2017
- Whose criminal justice? : state or community? / editors, Katherine Doolin ... [et al.]
- Other Authors:
Hook, Hampshire : Waterside Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
285 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-276) and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the changing politics of law and order / John Raine and Paul Keasey
- Limiting criminal justice and regulation : the 'freedom' perspective / Andrew Sanders
- Risk, pre-emption, and the limits of the criminal law / John Child and Adrian Hunt
- Criminalising the purchase of sexual services : the use of strict liability as a form of risk management? / Jessica Elliott
- The ASBO : regulating behaviour and manipulating law / Theresa Lynch
- Managing risk and changing priorities for probation practice and youth justice / Kathryn Farrow, Gill Kelly and Bernadette Wilkinson
- (In)security, risk, Muslim communities, policing and the 'new terrorism' / Shamila Ahmed and Basia Spalek
- Empowering communities through restorative justice / Katherine Doolin
- Safer communities and community justice / David Prior
- Community justice and the courts : a step forwards, backwards or sideways? / John Raine
- Intolerant or intolerable? : anit-social youth in asocial communities / Nathan Hughes
- Policing sexual offenders in the community : is it time to move from the invisible to the visible? / Mark Blandford and Anthony Beech
- Towards a community response to the perpetration of domestic violence / Zahira Latif
- Conclusions and the way forward for criminal justice / Anthony Beech ... [et al.].