Religion and public reasons /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Religion and public reasons / John Finnis.
- Main Author:
- Finnis, John.
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Spine Title:
- Religion & public reasons
- Item Description:
"Bibliography of the works of John Finnis": p. -392.
- Physical Description:
x, 421 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -400) and index.
Table of Contents
- Darwin, Dewey, religion and the public domain
- Religion and public life in pluralist society
- Secularism's practical meaning
- Religion and state
- Political neutrality and religious arguments
- Catholic positions in liberal debates
- The significance of questioning
- Ethics and revelation : a fragment
- Historical consciousness and theological foundations
- Faith, morals, and Thomas More
- On creation and ethics
- St Cuthbert's faith and the Bishop of Durham's unbelief
- Philosophy and God's nature : second thoughts
- This world and the next
- Three and one
- Conscience in the Letter to the Duke of Norfolk
- Grace and humility
- Christianity and world order
- Morality and the Second Vatican Council
- Nuclear deterrence and the end of Christendom
- The 'consistent ethic of life'
- Secularism and 'the culture of death'
- on retranslating Humanae vitae
- Hell and hope.