Human rights and common good /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Expanding human rights : 21st century norms and governance / edited by Alison Brysk (Mellichamp Chair of Global Governance, University of California Santa Barbara, USA), Michael Stohl (Professor of Communication, Political Science and Global Studies and Director of the Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies, University of California Santa Barbara, USA).
K 3240 E92 2017
- Human rights and common good / John Finnis.
- Main Author:
- Finnis, John.
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Spine Title:
- Human rights & common good
- Item Description:
"Bibliography of the works of John Finnis": p. -400.
- Physical Description:
x, 429 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -408) and index.
Table of Contents
- Human rights and their enforcement
- Duties to oneself in Kant
- Rawls's A theory of justice
- Distributive justice and the bottom line
- Limited government
- Virtue and the constitution
- Migration rights
- Nationality and alienage
- Hart's philosophy of punishment
- The restoration of retribution
- Retribution : punishment's formative aim
- War and peace in the natural law tradition
- Euthanasia and justice
- Economics, justice, and the value of life
- Euthanasia and the law
- C.S. Lewis and test-tube babies
- The rights and wrongs of abortion
- Justice for mother and child
- Marriage : a basic and exigent good
- Law, morality, and 'sexual orientation'
- Sex and marriage : some myths and reasons.