Human rights and common good /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Human rights and the environment : compendium of instruments and other international texts on individual and collective rights relating to the environment in the international and European framework / Maguelonne Déjeant-Pons, Marc Pallemaerts ; with the collaboration of Sara Fioravanti.
K 3240 D44 2002
- Human rights and common good / John Finnis.
- Main Author:
- Finnis, John.
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Spine Title:
- Human rights & common good
- Item Description:
"Bibliography of the works of John Finnis": p. -400.
- Physical Description:
x, 429 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -408) and index.
Table of Contents
- Human rights and their enforcement
- Duties to oneself in Kant
- Rawls's A theory of justice
- Distributive justice and the bottom line
- Limited government
- Virtue and the constitution
- Migration rights
- Nationality and alienage
- Hart's philosophy of punishment
- The restoration of retribution
- Retribution : punishment's formative aim
- War and peace in the natural law tradition
- Euthanasia and justice
- Economics, justice, and the value of life
- Euthanasia and the law
- C.S. Lewis and test-tube babies
- The rights and wrongs of abortion
- Justice for mother and child
- Marriage : a basic and exigent good
- Law, morality, and 'sexual orientation'
- Sex and marriage : some myths and reasons.