Intention and identity /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Julius Stone : a bio-bibliography including "Trends in jurisprudence in the second half century," an unpublished speech [by Julius Stone] presented 24 March 1967 at the University of Texas School of Law / by Barbara Drexler Hathaway ; with research & editing by Adrienne deVergie & Judith Helburn.
K 235 H37 1980
- Intention and identity / John Finnis.
- Main Author:
- Finnis, John.
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Spine Title:
- Intention & identity
- Item Description:
"Bibliography of the works of John Finnis": p. -400.
- Physical Description:
xii, 363 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -334) and index.
Table of Contents
- The priority of persons
- Personal identity in Aquinas and Shakespeare
- Anscombe on spirit and intention
- Purposes, public acts, and personification
- Persons and their associations
- Law, universality, and social identity
- Cosmopolis, nation states, and families
- Human acts
- Intentions and objects
- Intention and side effects
- Intention in tort law
- Conditional and preparatory intentions
- 'Direct' and 'indirect' in action
- Intention in direct discrimination
- Organic unity, brain life, and our beginning
- When most people begin
- On producing human embryos
- Brain death and Peter Singer
- Intentionally killing the 'permanently unconscious'.