Inside bankruptcy law : what matters and why /
- Publication info:
- Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Administration of the Bankruptcy act : report of the Attorney General's Committee on Bankruptcy Administration, 1940 / Committee: Francis M. Shea, chairman, Jesse H. Jones, Jerome N. Frank [and others] ... Charles A. Horsky, director ; George S. Elpern, Leon Frechtel, assistant directors.
KF 1524 A34 1941
Gilbert's Collier on bankruptcy : a treatise on the law and practice in bankruptcy under the National Bankruptcy Act of 1898, as amended to June 26, 1936, General orders in bankruptcy as amended to June 1, 1936 : Official forms adopted by the U. S. Supreme Court, as amended to June 1, 1936, supplementary forms / by Frank B. Gilbert.
KF 1524 C64 1937
- Inside bankruptcy law : what matters and why / Nathalie Martin, Ocean Tama.
- Main Author:
- Martin, Nathalie, 1961-
- Other Authors:
Austin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2011
- 2nd ed.
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 249 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The secured creditor's rights : a brief introduction
- State collection law
- Introduction to the bankruptcy system
- The automatic stay
- Property of the debtor's estate
- Claims against the estate
- Treatment of secured claims
- The avoiding powers
- The anatomy of a Chapter 7 case
- The discharge
- Keeping secured property in a Chapter 7 case
- Anatomy of a Chapter 13 case
- Overview of Chapter 11 and its alternatives
- The Chapter 11 plan process : creditor treatment, plan confirmation, and post-confirmation issues
- Cash collateral, post-petition financing, and other first day orders
- The automatic stay and adequate protection
- The debtor-in-possession's scope of authority and basic goals
- Reshaping the debtor's financial landscape : assumption or rejection of executory contracts and unexpired leases, and asset sales
- Small business cases under Chapter 11.