Language and origin : the role of language in European asylum procedures : linguistic and legal perspectives /
- Publication info:
- Nijmegen : Wolf Legal Publishers, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Language and origin : the role of language in European asylum procedures : linguistic and legal perspectives / Karin Zwaan, Maaike Verrips, Pieter Muysken (eds.)
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Nijmegen : Wolf Legal Publishers, 2010
- Meeting Name:
ESF Exploratory Workshop on Language and Origin
- Item Description:
Papers presented at a workshop: ESF Exploratory Workshop on Language and Origin: the role of language in asylum procedures, held Apr. 22-23, 2010 at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies in Wassenaar.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 232, 6 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- LADO with specialized linguistics : the development of LINGUA's working method / Eric Baltisberger and Priska Hubbuch
- The validity of language analysis in the Netherlands / Tina Cambier-Langeveld
- Guidelines from linguistics for LADO / Diana Eades
- IAFPA position on language analysis in asylum procedures / Sylvia Moosmüller
- Decision making in LADO : a view from the forensic arena / A.P.A. Broeders
- LADO, validity and language testing / Tim McNamara, Maaike Verrips and Carolien van den Hazelkamp
- Language variation and LADO / Peter L. Patrick
- Multilingualism and LADO / Pieter Muysken
- Speech technology for accent identification and determination or origin / Dirk Van Compernolle
- Identifying the asylum speaker : reflections on the pitfalls of language analysis in the determination of national origin / Katrijn Maryns
- Language analysis for the determination of origin (LADO) : a look into problems presented by East and Central African cases / Vincent A. de Rooij
- LADO and Arabic : the case of Iraqi Arabic as an introduction to the Middle East / Judith Rosenhouse
- The asylum procedure in Spain : the role of language in determining the origin of asylum seeker / Silvia Morgades
- The use of language analysis in the Belgian asylum procedure / Dirk Vanheule
- The use of language analysis in the Italian asylum procedure / Claudia Pretto
- The use of language analysis in the Danish asylum procedure / Jens Vedsted-Hansen
- The 2007 rejection of anonymous language analysis by the Swedish Migration Court of Appeal : a precedent? / Gregor Noll
- Dutch court decisions and language analysis for the determination of origin / Karin Zwaan
- The use of expert evidence in asylum procedures by EU member states : the case for harmonized procedural safeguards / Blanche Tax.