Making and unmaking intellectual property : creative production in legal and cultural perspective /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Apr 22, 2017||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
Managing university intellectual property in the public interest / Committee on Management of University Intellectual Property: Lessons from a Generation of Experience, Research, and Dialogue ; Board on Science, Technology, and Economic Policy ; Committee on Science, Technology, and Law ; Policy and Global Affairs ; Stephen A. Merrill and Anne-Marie Mazza, editors ; National Research Council of the National Academies.
KF 2979 N386 2011
- Making and unmaking intellectual property : creative production in legal and cultural perspective / edited by Mario Biagioli, Peter Jaszi, and Martha Woodmansee.
- Other Authors:
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2011
- Item Description:
"The majority of the papers collected in this volume grew out of a conference ... which took place April 20-23, 2006, at Case Western Reserve University."--Acknowledgments.Includes indexes.
- Physical Description:
vi, 466 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Table of Contents
- Patent specification and political representation : how patents became rights / Mario Biagioli
- Authoring an invention : patent production in the nineteenth-century United States / Kara W. Swanson
- The "person skilled in the art" is really quite conventional : U.S. patent drawings and the persona of the inventor, 1870-2005 / William J. Rankin
- Cultural agencies : the legal construction of community subjects and their properties / Rosemary J. Coombe
- Social invention / Marilyn Strathern
- From "folklore" to "knowledge" in global governance : on the metamorphoses of the unauthored / Marc Perlman
- Inventing copyleft / Christopher Kelty
- Designing cooperative systems for knowledge production : an initial synthesis from experimental economics / Yochai Benkler
- Beyond representation : the figure of the pirate / Lawrence Liang
- Publishers, privateers, pirates : eighteenth-century German book piracy revisited / Martha Woodmansee
- The property police / Adrian Johns
- Characterizing copyright in the classroom : the cultural work of antipiracy campaigns / Tarleton Gillespie
- An economic view of legal restrictions on musical borrowing and appropriation / Peter Dicola
- New blood, new fruits : protections for breeders and originators, 1789-1930 / Daniel J. Kevles
- Kinds, clones, and manufactures / Alain Pottage and Brad Sherman
- No patent, no generic : pharmaceutical access and the politics of the copy / Cori Hayden
- Inventing race as a genetic commodity in biotechnology patents / Jonathan Kahn
- The strange odyssey of software interfaces as intellectual property / Pamela Samuelson
- Invention, origin, and dedication : republishing women's prints in early modern Italy / Evelyn Lincoln
- Technological platforms and the layers of patent data / Tim Lenoir and Eric Giannella
- Intellectual property norms in stand-up comedy / Dotan Oliar and Christopher Sprigman
- Patenting life : how the oncomouse patent changed the lives of mice and men / Fiona Murray
- Is there such a thing as postmodern copyright? / Peter Jaszi.