Civil War lawyers : constitutional questions, courtroom dramas, and the men behind them /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : ABA, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
The Salem witchcraft papers : verbatim transcripts of the legal documents of the Salem witchcraft outbreak of 1692 / compiled and transcribed in 1938 by the Works Progress Administration, under the supervision of Archie N. Frost ; edited and with an introd. and index by Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum. --
KF 364 W5 S35 V.3
- Civil War lawyers : constitutional questions, courtroom dramas, and the men behind them / Arthur T. Downey.
- Main Author:
- Downey, Arthur T.
- Corporate Author:
Chicago : ABA, 2010
- Physical Description:
xvii, 463 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Prologue : 1776 to 1857
- The Dred Scott case
- Virginia v. John Brown
- The conflict between the Chief Justice and the Chief Executive : ex parte Merryman
- The war at sea : international law and diplomacy
- Ending slavery
- The revenge trials
- Appendix 1. Dramatis personae : the lawyers
- Appendix 2. Intersecting lawyers
- Appendix 3. Chronology.