Feminist legal history : essays on women and law /
- Publication info:
- New York : New York University Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Legal status of women in Canada : as shown by extracts from dominion and provincial laws relating to naturalization, franchise, crime, marriage, divorce, property, devolution of estates, mothers and children, employment, and other subjects / The Department of Labour [for] the National Council of Women of Canada. --
KF 478 E38
- Feminist legal history : essays on women and law / edited by Tracy A. Thomas and Tracey Jean Boisseau.
- Other Authors:
New York : New York University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xi, 274 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 257-260) and index.
Table of Contents
- Courts and temperance "ladies" / Richard H. Chused
- Women behind the wheel : gender and transportation law, 1860-1930 / Margo Schlanger
- Expatriation by marriage : the case of Asian American women / Leti Volpp
- Made with men in mind : the GI Bill and its reinforcement of gendered work after World War II / Melissa Murray
- Fighting women : the military, sex, and extrajudicial constitutional change / Jill Elaine Hasday
- Irrational women : informed consent and abortion regret / Maya Manian
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the notion of a legal class of gender / Tracy A. Thomas
- "Them law wimmin" : the Protective Agency for Women and Children and the gendered origins of legal aid / Gwen Hoerr Jordan
- Legal aid, women lay lawyers, and the rewriting of history, 1863-1930 / Felice Batlan
- Sisterhood of struggle : leadership and strategy in the campaign for the Nineteenth Amendment / Lynda Dodd
- "Feminizing" courts : lay volunteers and the integration of social work in progressive reform / Mae C. Quinn
- Sexual harassment : law for women, by women / Carrie N. Baker
- Ledbetter's continuum : race, gender, and pay discrimination / Eileen Boris.