Crimes against humanity : historical evolution and contemporary application /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Crimes against humanity : historical evolution and contemporary application / M. Cherif Bassiouni.
- Main Author:
- Bassiouni, M. Cherif, 1937-
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xxxvii, 845 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 743-796) and index.
Table of Contents
- Legal nature
- Phenomenological considerations
- Emergence in positive international law
- Post-Charter developments
- The principles of legality in the London Charter and post-Charter developments
- Specific contents
- The theories and elements of criminal responsibility
- Defenses and exonerations
- A survey of national legislation and prosecutions for crimes against humanity
- Concluding assessment : the need for an international convention.