The evolving international investment regime : expectations, realities, options /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The evolving international investment regime : expectations, realities, options / edited by José E. Alvarez and Karl P. Sauvant ; with Kamil Gérard Ahmed and Gabriela P. Vizcaíno.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Meeting Name:
Columbia International Investment Conference
- Physical Description:
lii, 254 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : international investment law in transition / Karl P. Sauvant and José E. Alvarez
- The context : foreign investment and the changing global economic reality / Jeffrey D. Sachs
- What do developing countries expect from the international investment regime? / Roberto Echandi
- Civil society perspectives : what to key stakeholders expect from the international investment regime / Howard Mann
- Regulating multinationals : foreign investment, development, and the balance of corporate and home country rights and responsibilities in a globalizing world / Peter T. Muchlinski
- On the perceived inconsistency in investor-state jurisprudence / Stanimir A. Alexandrov
- Considering recalibration of international investment agreements : empirical insights / Susan D. Franck
- All clear on the investment front : a plea for a restatement / Petros C. Mavroidis
- Legal developments in the U.S. national security reviews of foreign direct investment (2006-2008) / John Cobau
- Challenges and prospects facing the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes / Nassib G. Ziadé
- The changing political economy of foreign investment : finding a balance between hard and soft forms of regulation / John H. Dunning and Sarianna M. Lundan
- Multilateral approaches to investment : the way forward / Rainer Geiger
- The future of international investment law : a balance between the protection of investors and the states' capacity to regulate / Brigitte Stern
- International investment rulemaking at the beginning of the twenty-first century : stocktaking and options for the way forward / James Zhan, Jorg Weber, and Joachim Karl
- Improving the international investment law and policy system : report of the rapporteur, Second Columbia International Investment Conference : What's next in international investment law and policy? / Andrea K. Bjorklund.