Forging a convention for crimes against humanity /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Forging a convention for crimes against humanity / edited by Leila Nadya Sadat.
- Other Authors:
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xxviii, 565 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Crimes against humanity and the responsibility to protect : keynote address / by Gareth Evans
- History of efforts to codify crimes against humanity : from the Charter of Nuremberg to the Statute of Rome / Roger S. Clark
- The universal repression of crimes against humanity before national jurisdictions : the need for a treaty-based obligation to prosecute / Payam Akhavan
- Revisiting the architecture of crimes against humanity : almost a century in the making, with gaps and ambiguities remaining : the need for a specialized convention / M. Cherif Bassiouni
- The bright red thread : the politics of international criminal law : do we want peace or justice? : the West African experience / David M. Crane
- Gender-based crimes against humanity / Valerie Oosterveld
- 'Chapeau elements' of crimes against humanity in the jurisprudence of the UN ad hoc tribunals / Göran Sluiter
- The definition of crimes against humanity and the question of a 'policy' element / Guénaël Mettraux
- Ethnic cleansing as euphemism, metaphor, criminology, and law / John Hagan and Todd J. Haugh
- Immunities and amnesties / Diane Orentlicher
- Modes of participation / Elies van Sliedregt
- Terrorism and crimes against humanity / Michael P. Scharf and Michael A. Newton
- Crimes against humanity and the International Criminal Court / Kai Ambos
- Crimes against humanity and the responsibility to protect / David Scheffer
- Re-enforcing enforcement in a specialized convention on crimes against humanity : inter-state cooperation, mutual legal assistance, and the aut dedere aut judicare obligation / Laura M. Olson
- Why the world needs an international convention on crimes against humanity / Gregory H. Stanton
- Proposed International Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Crimes Against Humanity
- Proposition de Convention Internationale sur la Prévention et la Répression des crimes contre l'humanité
- A comprehensive history of the Proposed International Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Crimes Against Humanity / by Leila Nadya Sadat
- St. Louis Experts' Meeting, April 13-15, 2009 : annex # 1: List of participants
- St. Louis Experts' Meeting, April 13-15, 2009 : annex # 2: Agenda
- The Hague Intersessional Experts' Meeting June 11-12, 2009 : annex # 3: List of participants
- The Hague Intersessional Experts' Meeting June 11-12, 2009 : annex # 4: Agenda
- Technical Advisory Session in St. Louis, August 21-23, 2009 : annex # 5: List of participant
- Annex # 6: List of experts submitting comments on the November 2009 draft Convention
- Washington Conference March 11-12, 2010 : annex # 7: List of participants
- Washington Conference March 11-12, 2010 : annex # 8: Agenda
- Technical Advisory Session in Chicago May 10-11, 2010 : annex # 9: List of participants
- Crimes Against Humanity Initiative : declaration on the need for a comprehensive Convention on Crimes Against Humanity.