Children's rights under the law /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Children's rights under the law / Samuel M. Davis.
- Main Author:
- Davis, Samuel M.
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xiv, 459 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 429-441) and index.
Table of Contents
- The place of children in the law
- Private law and children's rights
- Life, liberty and property" : the Supreme Court and children's rights
- "Life" : medical decision-making for children
- "Liberty" : personal freedom of children
- "Property" : protected entitlements of children
- Children and education
- Protection from inadequate parenting
- The Supreme Court and juvenile justice
- Delinquency : differential treatment of children and adults
- The dispositional process
- Conclusion : balancing the interests.