Vulnerable populations and transformative law teaching : a critical reader /
- Publication info:
- Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Summary of the study on the special difficulties of access and special unmet legal problems of the elderly and handicapped : a continuation of a report to Congress required by section 1007 (h) of the Legal Services Corporation Act of 1974, as amended, May 1980 / [major contributors, John A. Dooley ... [et al.] ; and the staff of the Research Institute on Legal Assistance. --
KF 337.5 A33 S65 1980
- Vulnerable populations and transformative law teaching : a critical reader / edited by Society of American Law Teachers and Golden Gate University School of Law.
- Corporate Author:
Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
xiii, 405 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The myth of our post-racial society / John Payton
- Transcendence : conservative money and generational succession / Richard Delgado
- It's not funny : creating a professional culture of pro bono commitment / Douglas Colbert
- Engaging students in unexpected ways : interdisciplinary, community-based, global, and activist models / Deidre Bowen ... [et al.]
- The pedagogics of poverty in constitutional law / Gilbert Paul Carrasco
- Vulnerability in contracting : teaching first-year law students about inequality and its consequences / Deborah Waire Post and Deborah Zalesne
- From sandoval to subprime : excluding Latinos from property ownership and property casebooks / Steven W. Bender
- Teaching to address the foreclosure crisis / Florence Wagman Roisman
- Leveraging legal research / Sarah Valentine
- The legal writing classroom in the world : teaching skills in a social context / Cynthia D. Bond
- Increasing awareness and understanding of representing vulnerable populations and their economic realities by integrating domestic violence into law school curricula / Robin R. Runge
- Planning for the worst-off in the worst case scenarios : emergency planning for the economically disadvantaged / Anne Marie Harkins and Robin Clark
- The unseen, unheard, unknowledgeable, and underrepresented : how can law schools develop student interest in helping disadvantaged people? / Doug Simpson
- Learning in Mulukukú : a journey of transformation / Raquel Aldana and Leticia Saucedo
- Chinese soup, good horses, and other narratives : practicing cross-cultural competence before we preach / Marci Seville
- Wrongfully convicted : the overrepresentation of the poor / Susan Rutberg
- "The sources of this hidden pain" : why a class in race, gender, class, and mental disability? / Michael L. Perlin and Deborah Dorfman
- Teaching sexuality and gender as distributional issues / Libby Adler
- Medical-legal partnership : three voices from the law school clinic / MaryBeth Musumeci, Elizabeth Weeks Leonard, and Brutrinia D. Arellano
- Financial planning for the poor : a community lawyering approach to eliminating poverty / Paulette J. Williams
- We are them and they are us : preparing clinical law students to serve economically disadvantaged communities / Mary B. Culbert and Sara Campos.