Methodologies of legal research : what kind of method for what kind of discipline? /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Methodologies of legal research : what kind of method for what kind of discipline? / edited by Mark van Hoecke.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2011
- Physical Description:
xvi, 294 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Legal doctrine : which method(s) for what kind of discipline? / Mark Van Hoecke
- The method of a truly normative legal science / Jaap Hage
- Explanatory non-normative legal doctrine : taking the distinction between theoretical and practical reason seriously / Anne Ruth Mackor
- A world without law professors / Mathias M. Siems
- Open or autonomous? : the debate on legal methodology as a reflection of the debate on law / Pauline C. Westerman
- Methodology of legal doctrinal research : a comment on Westerman / Jan B.M. Vranken
- The epistemological function of 'la Doctrine' / Horatia Muir Watt
- Maps, methodologies and critiques : confessions of a contract lawyer / Roger Brownsword
- Legal research and the distinctiveness of comparative law / John Bell
- Does one need an understanding of methodology is law before one can understand methodology in comparative law? / Geoffrey Samuel
- Comparative law, legal linguistics and methodology of legal doctrine / Jaakko Husa
- Doing what doesn't come naturally : on the distinctiveness of comparative law / Maurice Adams
- Promises and pitfalls of interdisciplinary legal research : the case of evolutionary analysis in law / Bart Du Laing
- Behavioural economics and legal research / Julie De Coninck
- Theory and object in law : the case for legal scholarship as indirect speech / Bert Van Roermund.