Critical perspectives on human rights and disability law /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: May 28, 2017||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Critical perspectives on human rights and disability law / edited by Marcia H. Rioux, Lee Ann Basser, Melinda Jones.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2011
- Item Description:
Osgoode Faculty contributor: Professor Aaron Dhir ("Corporate selective reporting of clinical drug trial results as a violation of the right to health")
- Physical Description:
xvi, 552 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -526) and index.
Table of Contents
- Human dignity / Lee Ann Basser
- Values in disability policy and law : equality / Marcia H. Rioux and Christopher A. Riddle
- Inclusion, social inclusion and participation / Melinda Jones
- Introduction : dignity
- Valuing all lives - even "wrongful" ones / Melinda Jones
- Children at the edge of life: parents, doctors and children's rights / Michael Freeman
- Involuntary treatment, human dignity and human rights / Genevra Richardson
- Exclusion: disabled women's sexual, reproductive and parenting rights / Roxanne Mykitiuk and Ena Chadha
- Price v UK : the importance of human rights principles in promoting the rights of disabled prisoners in the United Kingdom / Angela Laycock
- Introduction : equality
- Beyond legal smokescreens : applying a human rights analysis to sterilization jurisprudence / Marcia H. Rioux & Lora Patton
- The role of reasonable accommodation in securing substantive equality for persons with disabilities : the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with disabilities / Janet E. Lord and Rebecca Brown
- Legal protection of persons with disabilities in Kenya : human rights imperatives / Kithure Kindiki
- Corporate selective reporting of clinical drug trial results as a violation of the right to health / Aaron A. Dhir
- Introduction : inclusion and participation
- Political participation for people with disabilities / Michael Waterstone
- The right to live a life free of violence for people with disabilities / Rodrigo Jiminez
- Standard rules on equality of opportunities for persons with disabilities : legal view of provisions on support services, auxiliary resources and training : view from Latin America / Maria Soledad Cisternas Reyes
- Monitoring human rights : a holistic approach / Paula C. Pinto.