Sexual violence in conflict zones : from the ancient world to the era of human rights /
- Publication info:
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Sexual violence in conflict zones : from the ancient world to the era of human rights / edited by Elizabeth D. Heineman.
- Other Authors:
Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
vi, 342 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the history of sexual violence in conflict zones / Elizabeth D. Heineman
- Rape in the American Revolution : process, reaction, and public re-creation / Sharon Block
- Sexual violence in the politics and policies of conquest : Amerindian women and the Spanish conquest of Alta California / Antonia I. Castañeda
- Femicide as terrorism : the case of Uzbekistan's unveiling murders / Marianne Kamp
- Girls, women, and the significance of sexual violence in ancient warfare / Kathy L. Gaca
- The victimization of women in late precolonial and early colonial warfare in Tanzania / James Giblin
- War crimes or atrocity stories? : Anglo-American narratives of truth and deception in the aftermath of World War I / Nicoletta F. Gullace
- Sexual and nonsexual violence against "politicized women" in Central Europe after the Great War / Robert Gerwarth
- The "big rape" : sex and sexual violence, war, and occupation in post-World War II memory and imagination / Atina Grossman
- War as history, humanity as violence : women, men, and memories of 1971, East Pakistan/Bangladesh / Yasmin Saikia
- The theory and practice of female immunity in the medieval west / Anne Curry
- Law, war, and women in seventeenth-century England / Barbara Donagan
- "Unlawfully and against her consent" : sexual violence and the military during the American Civil War / E. Susan Barber and Charles F. Ritter
- Legal responses to World War II sexual violence : the Japanese experience / Yuma Totani
- Toward accountability for violence against women in war : progress and challenges / Rhonda Copelon.