Cutting across media : appropriation art, interventionist collage, and copyright law /
- Publication info:
- Durham [N.C.] : Duke University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Providing for royalties for musical composition on coin-operated machines : hearings before Subcommittee No. 3 ... Eighty-eighth Congress, first session on H.R. 5174, a bill to provide for the payment of royalties for the public performance of copyrighted musical compositions by means of coin-operated machines, and for other purposes. May 2 and 3, 1963.
KF 3045.5 A2 J83 1963
- Cutting across media : appropriation art, interventionist collage, and copyright law / edited by Kembrew McLeod and Rudolf Kuenzli.
- Other Authors:
Durham [N.C.] : Duke University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
viii, 361 p.,  p. of col. plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -339) and index.
Table of Contents
- I collage, therefore I am : an introduction to cutting across media / Kembrew McLeod and Rudolf Kuenzli
- Digital mana : on the source of the infinite proliferation of mutant copies in contemporary culture / Marcus Boon
- Copyrights and copywrongs : an interview with Siva Vaidhyanathan / Carrie McLaren
- Das Plagiierenwerk : convolute Uii / David Tetzlaff
- PhotoStatic Magazine and the rise of the casual publisher / Lloyd Dunn
- Plagiarism 101 : an appropriated oral history of the Tape-beatles / Kembrew McLeod
- Ambiguity and theft / Joshua Clover
- Where does sad news come from? / Douglas Kahn
- Excerpts from "Two relationships to a cultural public domain" / Negativland
- Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my lawsuit : William S. Burroughs, DJ Danger Mouse, and the politics of Grey Tuesday / Davis Schneiderman
- How copyright law changed hip-hop : an interview with Public Enemy's Chuck D and Hank Shocklee / Kembrew McLeod
- Hip-hop meets the avant-garde : a cease and desist letter from attorneys representing Philip Glass / Warner Special Products
- Getting snippety / Philo T. Farnsworth
- Crashing the spectacle : a forgotten history of digital sampling, infringement, copyright liberation, and the end of recorded music / Kembrew McLeod
- Billboard liberation : a photo essay / Craig Baldwin
- On the seamlessly nomadic future of collage / Pierre Joris
- Cultural sampling and social critique : the collage aesthetic of Chris Ofili / Lorraine Morales Cox
- Remixing cultures : Bartók and Kodály in the age of indigenous cultural rights / Gábor Vályi
- A day to sing : creativity, diversity, and freedom of expression in the network society / Jeff Chang
- Visualizing copyright, seeing hegemony : toward a meta-critique of intellectual property / Eva Hemmungs Wirtén
- Collage as practice and metaphor in popular culture / David Banash
- Assassination weapons : the visual culture of New Wave science fiction / Rob Latham
- Free culture : a conversation with Jonathan Lethem / Kembrew McLeod
- The ecstasy of influence : a plagiarism / Jonathan Lethem.