The essay film : from Montaigne, after Marker /
- Publication info:
- New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
On the Shelf
- The essay film : from Montaigne, after Marker / Timothy Corrigan.
- Main Author:
- Corrigan, Timothy.
New York : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Physical Description:
237 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780199781690 (hardcover : alk. paper)0199781699 (hardcover : alk. paper)9780199781706 (pbk. : alk. paper)0199781702 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction: of film and the essayistic
- Toward the essay film. On thoughts occasioned by Montaigne to Marker
- Of the history of the essay film: from Vertov, to Varda
- Essayistic thinking. About portraying expression: the essay film as inter-view
- To be elsewhere: cinematic excursions as essayistic travel
- On essayistic diaries: or, the velocities of non-place
- Of the currency of events: the essay film as editorial
- About refractive cinema: when films interrogate films.