The theory and practice of political law /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Carswell, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Dec 16, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
The theory and practice of political law / Gregory Tardi ; foreword to the first edition by Hon. Peter Milliken, Speaker of the House of Commons ; forewords to the second edition by Hon. Irwin Cotler, P.C., Hon Peter MacKay, P.C., Attorneys General and Ministers of Justice of Canada.
K 487 P65 T37 2016
- The theory and practice of political law / Gregory Tardi ; foreword by Peter Milliken.
- Main Author:
- Tardi, Gregory.
Toronto : Carswell, 2011
- Item Description:
Based on the author's thesis (Ph.D.)--York University (Toronto, Ont.), 2010.
- Physical Description:
xl, 454 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -442) and index.
Table of Contents
- Legality and power : the fundamental and timeless debate in governing
- Historical background : the evolution of scholarship
- Historical background : the milestone instruments
- The modern law, policy and politics scene
- The comprehensive theory of political law
- The practice of political law in the legislative branch
- The practice of political law in the judicial branch
- The professional focus of political law : accountability to law
- The accountability to law of heads of state and government
- Patterns of scenarios in political law
- The need for a concept of political law.