Codification, Macaulay and the Indian Penal Code : the legacies and modern challenges of criminal law reform /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- Corporate Subject:
- Codification, Macaulay and the Indian Penal Code : the legacies and modern challenges of criminal law reform / edited by Wing-Cheong Chan, Barry Wright, Stanley Yeo.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2011
- Item Description:
"To mark the 150th anniversary ... a three-day symposium was organised by the editors of this book and held from 9 to 11 June 2010 at the National University of Singapore"--Preface, p. [vii].
- Physical Description:
xiii, 379 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Revitalising Macaulay's Indian Penal Code / Stanley Yeo and Barry Wright
- Macaulay's Indian Penal Code : historical context and originating principles / Barry Wright
- The fault elements of offences / Neil Morgan
- The conduct element of offences / Bob Sullivan
- Mistake and strict liability / Kumaralingam Amirthalingam
- Abetment, criminal conspiracy and attempt / Wing-Cheong Chan
- Vicarious liability / Michael Hor
- Private defence / Cheah Wui Ling
- Duress and necessity / Stanley Yeo
- Insanity / Gerry Ferguson
- Intoxication / Gerry Ferguson
- Provocation / Ian Leader-Elliott
- An evaluation of judicial interpretations of the Australian Model Criminal Code / Matthew Goode
- Recent law reform and codification of the general principles of criminal law in England and Wales : a tale of woe / Chris Clarkson
- Principled criminal law reform : could Macaulay survive the age of governing through crime? : reflections from the floor / Mark Findlay.