Highest courts and globalisation /
- Publication info:
- The Hague, The Netherlands : Hague Academic Press, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Highest courts and globalisation / edited by Sam Muller and Sidney Richards ; assistant editor: Laura Henderson.
- Other Authors:
The Hague, The Netherlands : Hague Academic Press, 2010
- Item Description:
"The present volume is based on papers that were initially presented at the 2008 annual conference of the Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law (HiiL) which was entitled 'The Changing Role of the Highest Courts in Internationalising World'"--Acknowledgements, p. vii.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 198 p. ; 25 cm.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : globalisation and highest courts / Sam Muller and Sidney Richards
- Trans-judicial dialogue in a global world / Guy Canivet
- The globalisation of the law and the work of the Supreme Court of Canada / Michael Bastarache
- The widening horizons of litigation in Britain / Lord Bingham of Cornhill
- Judicial co-operation and communication in the context of the Hague Conventions / William Duncan
- Judicial globalisation : Supreme Court of India / Ajit Prakash Shah
- Accommodating unity / H. Patrick Glenn
- Treating like cases alike in the world : the theoretical basis of the demand for legal unity / Jeremy Waldron
- Justice at a new scale : introducing a conceptual framework for the analysis of highest courts' role in a globalised context / Elaine Mak
- The inevitable globalisation of constitutional law / Mark Tushnet
- Is the separation of powers the basis for the legitimacy of an internationalised judiciary? / Michael S.-O.-l'E. Lasser
- Going global to preserve domestic accountability : the new role of national courts / Eyal Benvenisti and George W. Downs.