The criminal law of genocide : international, comparative, and contextual aspects /
- Publication info:
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2007.
Leslie Frost Library
On the Shelf
- The criminal law of genocide : international, comparative, and contextual aspects / edited by Ralph Henham and Paul Behrens.
- Other Authors:
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2007
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xvi, 283 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780754648987 (alk. paper)0754648982 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The Armenian genocide : a contextual view of the crime and politics of denial / Raffi Sarkissian
- Armenian genocide claims : a contexual version of the 1915 incidents / Sadi Cayci
- Genocide and Nuremberg / Henry T. King
- Has genocide been committed in Darfur? : the state plan or policy element in the crime of genocide / William Schabas
- Sudan, the United States, and the International Criminal Court : a tense triumvirate in transitional justice for Darfur / Zachary Kaufman
- The major powers and the genocide in Rwanda / Roméo Dallaire, Kishan Manocha
- The schism between the legal and the social concept of genocide in light of the responsibility to protect / Larissa Van den Herik
- Is the emerging jurisprudence on complicity in genocide before the international Ad Hoc tribunals a moving target in conflict with the principle of legality? / Michael G. Karnavas
- Telling stories and hearing truths : providing an effective remedy to genocidal sexual violence against women / Fiona de Londras
- A moment of kindness? : consistency and genocidal intent / Paul Behrens
- Freedom of speech vs. hate speech : the jurisdiction of 'direct and public incitement to commit genocide' / Tonja Salomon
- The prohibition of genocide under the legal instruments of the International Criminal Court / Tuiloma Neroni Slade
- ICC investigations and a hierarchy of referrals : has genocide in Darfur been predetermined? / Chris Gallavin
- Specificity of indictments in ICTR genocide trials / Paul Ng'arua
- Cambodia's extraordinary chamber : is it the most effective and appropriate means of addressing the crimes of the Khmer Rouge? / Alex Bates
- The prosecution of genocide : in search of a European perspective / Jan Wouters, Sten Verhoeven
- Reflection on the separation of powers : the law of genocide and the symptomatic French paradox / Caroline Fournet
- The United Nations and the prevention of genocide / Juan E. Mendez
- Criminal justice in the aftermath of the1994 Rwanda genocide / Shivon Byamukama, John A. Kapranos Huntley
- The normative context of sentencing for genocide / Ralph Henham
- Genocide, reconciliation, and sentencing in the jurisprudence of the ICTY / Shahram Dana.