The concussion crisis : anatomy of a silent epidemic /
- Publication info:
- New York : Simon & Schuster, 2011.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
- The concussion crisis : anatomy of a silent epidemic / Linda Carroll and David Rosner.
- Main Author:
- Carroll, Linda, 1956-
- Other Authors:
New York : Simon & Schuster, 2011
- 1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.
"Brings the explosive but largely invisible epidemic of concussions out of the shadows through stories of kids and pro ball players and doctors"--"The first book to bring the silent epidemic of sports concussions out of the shadows, with dramatic true-life stories of victims--high school football players, college basketball stars, professional sports heroes--and the doctors and medical researchers who are unraveling the mysteries of concussions and crusading to prevent this devastating injury"--
- Physical Description:
xiii, 320 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781451627220 (hardback)145162722X (hardback)
Table of Contents
- Just a bump on the head
- The emerging epidemic
- Head games
- Sudden impact
- Through the cracks
- Playing defense
- Anatomy of a brain injury
- Deciphering the damage
- A pocketful of mumbles
- Ticking time bombs
- Seeds of change
- Appendix I. Concussion symptoms
- Appendix II. Resources for patients and families.