The idea of labour law /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The idea of labour law / editors: Guy Davidov & Brian Langille.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011
- Local Note:
Original publisher?s dust jacket is kept and preserved as a separate item.
- Physical Description:
xii, 441 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : understanding labour law : a timeless idea, a timed-out idea, or an idea whose time has now come? / Guy Davidov and Brian Langille
- Labour law after labour / Harry Arthurs
- Factors influencing the making and transformation of labour law in Europe / Bob Hepple
- Re-inventing labour law? / Manfred Weiss
- Hugo Sinzheimer and the constitutional function of labour law / Ruth Dukes
- Global conceptualizations and local constructions of the idea of labour law / Adrián Goldin
- The idea of the idea of labour law : a parable / Alan Hyde
- Labour law's theory of justice / Brian Langille
- Labour as a 'fictive commodity' : radically reconceptualizing labour law / Judy Fudge
- Theories of rights as justifications for labour law / Hugh Collins
- The contribution of labour law to economic and human development / Simon Deakin
- Re-matching labour laws with their purpose / Guy Davidov
- The legal characterization of personal work relations and the idea of labour law / Mark Freedland and Nicola Kountouris
- Ideas of labour law : a view from the south / Paul Benjamin
- Informal employment and the challenges for labour law / Kamala Sankaran
- The impossibility of work law / Noah D. Zatz
- Using procurement law to enforce labour standards / Catherine Barnard
- Labor activism in local politics : from CBAs to 'CBAs' / Katherine Stone and Scott Cummings
- The broad idea of labour law : industrial policy, labour market regulation, and decent work / John Howe.The third function of labour law : distributing labour market opportunities among workers / Guy Mundlak
- Beyond collective bargaining : modern unions as agents of social solidarity / Gillian Lester
- From conflict to regulation : the transformative function of labour law / Julia López, Consuelo Chacartegui, and César G. Cantón
- Out of the shadows? : the Non-Binding Multilateral Framework on Migration (2006) and prospects for using international labour regulation to forge global labour market membership / Leah F. Vosko
- Flexible bureaucracies in labor market regulation / Michael J. Piore
- Collective exit strategies : new ideas in transnational labour law / Silvana Sciarra
- Emancipation in the idea of labour law / Adelle Blackett.