Accessing justice : appraising class actions ten years after Dutton, Hollick & Rumley /
- Publication info:
- Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Class actions : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Class actions: the 10th platinum collectors' CLE, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 25, 2005 / course chair. Ward K. Branch ; faculty, Donald I. Brenner ... [et al.] ; CLE program lawyer, Catherine J. Branch.
KF 8896 A75 C53 2005
- Accessing justice : appraising class actions ten years after Dutton, Hollick & Rumley / general editor, Jasminka Kalajdzic.
- Other Authors:
Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2011
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty contributor: Lorne Sossin.
- Item Description:
Includes presentations made at a conference held at the University of Windsor, Mar. 28-29, 2011.
- Physical Description:
xxxii, 383 p.; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Accessing justice : appraising class actions ten years after Dutton, Hollick & Rumley / Jasminka Kalajdzic
- What is access to justice in the context of class actions? / Frank Iacobucci
- Revisiting class actions against the crown : balancing public and private legal accountability for government action / Lorne Sossin
- Developing an empirical research agenda on access to justice in class and mass actions / Deborah Hensler
- Class action settlement actors : who protects whom? / Catherine Piché
- Missing action : an analysis of plaintiff participation in Canadian class actions / F. Paul Morrison & H. Michael Rosenberg
- Nudge, nudge, wink, wink : behavioural modification, cy-près distributions and class actions / Jeff Berryman
- Homo legislativus : missing link in the evolution of "behavior modification" / John C. Kleefeld
- Fringe benefits : class actions for marginalized people in Canada / R. Douglas Elliott
- Common cause : employment-related class actions in Canada / Louis Sokolov and Colleen Bauman
- Effective class action notice promotes access to justice : insight from a new U.S. Federal Judicial Center checklist / Todd B. Hilsee
- European approach to justice and redress / Christopher Hodges
- Is it time to get the multi-party started? Exploring the spectrum of mass harm redress in Ireland / Joanne Blennerhassett .