The landscape of the legal professions in Europe and the USA : continuity and change /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; Portland : Intersentia ; [Maastricht] : Metro, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The landscape of the legal professions in Europe and the USA : continuity and change / editors, A. Uzelac, C.H. van Rhee.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Cambridge ; Portland : [Maastricht] : Intersentia ; 2011
- Item Description:
"Most of the ideas collected in this volume were presented, discussed and further developed at the Fifth Public and Private Justice Course and Conference entitled "Landscape of the European Legal Profession: Has Unity Been Lost?" which was held at the Inter-University Centre in Dubrovnik, from 24 to 28 May 2010."--Introduction, p. xxxii.
- Physical Description:
xxxiii, 277 p. : tables ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The landscape of the legal professions in Europe and the USA : continuity and change / A. Uzelac, C.H. van Rhee
- The Balkanized American legal profession / R.L. Marcus
- The Romanian legal profession / S. Spinei
- Stress immunity of Dutch courts : an empirical survey / P. Keppenne, N. Pepels, B. Assink, M. Dekkers, F. Fernhout
- Just cause for despair among Dutch notaries? : a twenty-first century crisis viewed through the prism of European history / C.M. Cappon
- Future perspectives on the notary profession in Europe / C. Koller
- Do the old rules of conduct still fit the modern lawyer? / F.A.W. Bannier
- The legal profession and the competitive market in Italy / G. Finocchiaro
- The legal profession in Italy : regulation v. competition? / E. Silvestri
- How do the private professions in Finland and Norway impact on legal aid delivery? / J.T. Johnsen
- Reception of the Rechtspfleger in Eastern Europe : prospects and difficulties / A. Maganić
- The state attorney : attorney for the state? / S. Aras
- The court expert witness as a legal professional / F. Ferrari
- Professional(s as) mediators : emerging markets and the quality of legal protection / A. de Roo, R. Jagtenberg
- Roman foundations of the arbitrator's profession / I. Milotić
- The role of legal professions in bypassing the law : the example of fiducia cum creditore / T. Karlović.