Child labor and human rights : making children matter /
- Publication info:
- Boulder, Colo. : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2005.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Child labor and human rights : making children matter / edited by Burns H. Weston.
- Other Authors:
Boulder, Colo. : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2005
- Physical Description:
xxv, 541 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 463-512) and index.
Table of Contents
- Rethinking child labor : a multidimensional human rights problem / Burns H. Weston and Mark B. Teerink
- Defining child labor as if human rights matter / Judith Ennew, William E. Myers, and Dominique Pierre Plateau
- Child labor and the rights of children : historical patterns of decline and persistence / Hugh Cunningham and Shelton Stromquist
- Child labor standards : from treaties to labels / Holly Cullen
- Translating standards into practice : confronting transnational barriers / S. L. Bachman
- Translating standards into practice : confronting local barriers / Michael F.C. Bourdillon
- Combating child labor in Tanzania : a beginning / Donald Mmari
- Combating child labor in the Philippines : listening to children / Victoria V. Rialp
- Combating child labor in Brazil : social movements in action / Benedito Rodrigues dos Santos
- Abolishing child labor : a multifaceted human rights solution / Burns H. Weston and Mark B. Teerink
- Conceiving child labor in human rights terms : can it mobilize progressive change? / David M. Post
- Working children as change makers : perspectives from the South / Victor P. Karunan
- Shifting positions on child labor : the views and practice of intergovernmental organizations / Ben White
- Nongovernmental organizations in the struggle against child labor / Laurie S. Wiseberg
- Earning and learning : tensions and compatibility / Susan L. Bissell
- Trade-based strategies for combating child labor / Frank J. Garcia and Soohyun Jun
- Bringing human rights to child labor : guiding principles and call to action / Burns H. Weston
- Appendix. Selected provisions of key instruments.