- Publication info:
- Vancouver : Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, c2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Surviving justice : America's wrongfully convicted and exonerated / edited by Lola Vollen and Dave Eggers ; managing editor, Colin Dabkowski ; production manager, Christopher Ying ; general editors, Noria Jablonski ... [et al.] ; interviews and reporting completed by students at the University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism, Neil Berman ... [et al.] ; additional reporting by, Dominic Luxford ... [et al.].
KF 9756 S87 2005
- Wrongful convictions.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Vancouver : Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, 2010
- Item Description:
"5140410.""Materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Preventing wrongful convictions, held in Vancouver, B.C., on October 16, 2010.""Course chairs, Mary T. Ainslie, David M. Layton ; faculty, Marc Rosenberg ... [et al.] ; CLEBC program lawyer, Raymond Lee."Title from cover.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) : forms ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The frailties of eyewitness identification / [prepared by Mark K. Levitz]
- Features of eyewitness testimony evidence implicated in wrongful convictions / J. Don Read
- Expert opinion evidence / [prepared by Jennifer Duncan]
- Recent American developments regarding forensic science, and some thoughts concerning what criminal practitioners can learn about expert evidence from civil litigators / [prepared by Marilyn E. Sandford]
- Managing the risk of miscarriage of justice caused by highly suspect witnesses / [prepared by Nikos Harris]
- The Vetrovec witness : dealing with at trial / [prepared by Glen Orris]
- The unsavory witness : a Crown perspective / [prepared by Carmen Rogers]
- False confessions and wrongful convictions / [prepared by Gregory J. Fitch]
- Crown tunnel vision / [prepared by Elizabeth A. Campbell]
- How police departments can reduce the risk of wrongful convictions / Doug A. Lepard and Elizabeth Campbell
- The role of the defence counsel in wrongful convictions / [prepared by David G. Butcher, with the assistance of Lauren Chu]
- Addressing the allegations of wrongful convictions : the role of the Court of Appeal / [prepared by Ursula Botz]
- The section 696.1 process : applications for ministerial review / [prepared by Richard S. Fowler and Stephen Glanzberg]
- Post-conviction review and innocence projects : a Canadian perspective / [prepared by Tamara M. Levy].