Migrations and mobilities : citizenship, borders, and gender /
- Publication info:
- New York : New York University Press, c2009.
On the Shelf
Problems and prospects of refugee law : papers presented at the Colloquium organized by the Graduate Institute of International Studies in collaboration with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Geneva, 23 and 24 May, 1991 / edited by Vera Gowlland and Klaus Samson.
K 3230 R45 A55 1991A
- Migrations and mobilities : citizenship, borders, and gender / edited by Seyla Benhabib and Judith Resnik.
- Other Authors:
New York : New York University Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
viii, 505 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780814775998 (hbk. : alk. paper)0814775993 (hbk. : alk. paper)9780814776001 (pbk. : alk. paper)0814776000 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Citizenship and gender in the ancient world : the experience of Athens and Rome /Cynthia Patterson
- Thestateless as the citizen's other : a view from the United States /Linda K. Kerber
- Citizenship, noncitizenship, and the transnationalization of domestic work /Linda Bosniak
- Abio-cartography : maids, neoslavery, and NGOs /Aihwa Ong
- The"mere fortuity of birth"? : children, mothers, borders, and the meaning of citizenship /Jacqueline Bhabha
- Transnational mothering, national immigration policy, and European law : the experience of the Netherlands /Sarah K. van Walsum
- Global feminism, citizenship, and the state : negotiating women's rights in the Middle East and North Africa /Valentine M. Moghadam
- Particularized citizenship : encultured women and the public sphere /Audrey Macklin
- Multiculturalism, gender, and rights /David Jacobson
- Globalizing fragmentation : new pressures on women caught in the immigration law-citizenship law dichotomy /Catherine Dauvergne
- Status quo or sixth ground? : adjudicating gender asylum claims /Talia Inlender
- Intercultural political identity : are we there yet? /Angela K. Means
- Mobility, migrants, and solidarity : towards an emerging European citizenship regime /Patrizia Nanz
- Citizenships, federalisms, and gender /Vicki C. Jackson.